When Fortune 500 automotive retailer Sonic Automotive outgrew their existing headquarters, they secured a seven-story building—originally built in 1970 and nearly vacant—that fit their space and location requirements but was in dire need of major improvements.
Working within the limitations of the original building, ai Design Group completely restored the structure and upgraded its systems to create 60,000 square feet of Class-A office space that reflects Sonic’s progressive, technologically savvy brand and can accommodate their future growth.
Key design features:
- High-efficiency glass curtain wall.
- Strategic mechanical systems upgrades that boost performance and eliminate redundancies.
- Building management system for control and monitoring.
- Elevator and stair improvements.
- Integrated, interactive technologies, including information kiosks, lighting and A/V systems.
- Fitness and spa facilities for employees.